Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Joy of Christmas

Last week R and I got to visit with C again. As I told you, last time we were there, we asked him if we could take pictures and he said yes. During our visit we gave him a picture of the 3 of us together in a frame R had gotten. I’m not kidding you or exaggerating in the least when I tell you it was like we had given him a million dollars. He was thrilled to have that picture. We gave him a couple of other things as well but nothing can or could compare to that picture. It made me realize how different our lives have really been. I take for granted the pictures I have with my friends and family. I’m accustomed to having friends and family around. I’m used to people caring about me… even the people who are crazy in my life are in my life.

C invited us to attend a Christmas party. Actually, he invited us about 4 different times to attend the Christmas party. He told us he wanted to do something for the folks who have done something for him. He wanted to give back and serve us hot chocolate. He said we could “eat and sing Christmas carols and it’d be a real nice night.” I have to tell you, it is the thing I most look forward to this Christmas season. I wonder if C has ever gotten to have a party like this before. The excitement of it is bubbling out of him. We get so bogged down with stuff to do this time of year that it is easy to forget the joy behind it. But the joy is definitely there for C. I’m looking forward to being a part of it because I know Christmas will not be taken for granted that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment